I. ABOUT GOD
God is the creator and omnipotent leader of the universe.
- God exists in the three Person Godhead of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- These three are equivalent and one with God.
- Genesis 1: 1, 26,27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14.
II. ABOUT MAN
Humankind has been made in the spiritual image of God, to be like God in character.
- Humanity is the supreme object of God’s creation.
- We must overcome the recurring obstacle of sin which separates us from the will of God.
- Genesis 1:2 7; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah S3:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 9:12.
III. ABOUT ETERNITY
Humanity was created to exist forever.
- We have been given the choice to exist in wholeness or in brokenness with God.
- To be in brokenness with God is death; to be whole with God is life.
- John 3:16; John 2:25; John 5:11-13; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; Matthew 1:8; Matthew 2-44,46.
IV. ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
Jesus Christ is Son of God, He is co-equal with the Father.
- He came to the earth and lived both human and divine to liberate the oppressed, heal those in brokenness and free those in bondage.
- Jesus, who was without sin took on our sins and was obedient even to death on the cross.
- He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power and our victory over sin and death.
- He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will reunite with us face to face when -we are called from labor to reward.
- Matthew 1:22,23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1: 1-5, 1 4:10-30, Hebrews 4:14,15; 1 Corinthians 15:34.
V. ABOUT SALVATION
Salvation is a gift of unmerited favor from God who has chosen us.
- Salvation is a three dimensional process of, Justification. sanctification, and glorification.
- Only by accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior can we be saved.
- Once we accept Christ as our savior eternal life is our opportunity and cannot be taken from us.
- Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; John 14:6, 1:12; TItus 3:5; Galations 3:26; Romans 5:1.
VI. ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son, the Holy Spirit is our eternal guide.
- The Holy Spirit lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation.
- The Holy Spirit provides power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in God’s will.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16-7-13,14:16,17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16.
VII. ABOUT THE BIBLE
The Bible is God’s word to humanity.
- The Bible was written by human authors, with divine guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- It is the source of truth for Christian beliefs and living.
- The Bible tells the story which began in the garden of Eden which is in Africa and reflects, among others a history of the generations of the Cushite people
- 2 Timothy 3:16; 2Peter 1:4,2 1; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalm 1)9:105,160, 12:6; Proverbs 30:5.